"To promote and encourage, not for profit, the sports of fishing, hunting, archery, target shooting, and other sports, and to foster and promote proper conservation of fish, game, birds, forests, water, and other natural resources: and to do all things necessary or incident thereto."
The Club was first started as the Delton Target Club. Meetings were held at the Town Hall and 22 shoots were held in the basement. After a few years the club had lost interest but was later restarted.
June 23, 1959 the Delton Sportsmen’s Club. was established under the direction of Ernest Volz, Ember Adams, James Clark, and Edith Burgess.
May 21, 1979 the club became the Delton Charitable Organization, Inc.
To date the club owns over 42 acres of property which has been the result of multiple purchases. The first 17.4 acres were acquired on July 23, 1975, the next 15 acres on September 24, 1981, and the final parcel of 10 acres on May 12, 2008.
The original club house was erected in 1978. After just a handful of events held inside the club house, it was realized that the building wasn’t nearly big enough and an addition was added in 1981.
After many attempts the club finally received a NRA Grant which allowed the upgrade of the 150 yard rifle range to its current handicap accessible state in 1998.
In the spring of 2006 it was decided that a second trap range was needed. So as soon as the ground thawed, work began and the trap was operational in under two weeks.
Most recently the club has built and placed fish cribs in Lake Delton in 2009 following the catastrophic draining in 2008, and upgraded the fishing pier at the public boat lunch on Mirror Lake in 2010. Built firewood sheds for the Friends of Mirror Lake at the Mirror Lake and Rocky Arbor State Parks.